Can I use the remote? Who’s on? Is the remote free?
Go to KH7U menu ( http://kh7u.aditl.com/menu ) and click on Webcam Snapshot
Note whether both radios are OFF, TS590 is ON or TS-480 is ON
Left to right: Both radios OFF ; TS-590 ON (Upper radio) ; TS-480 ON (Lower radio)
- Check Web Power Status. If the radio power supply is ON, someone is using the remote system.
- if the TS-480 power is on, run VNC locally, connect to kh7u-rigpi (or equiv) to see if the desktop screen displays a running program (ex: WSJT-X).
- if WSJT-X is running, look for the currently active call-sign. That’s who is logged in.
- if the TS-590 power supply is on, run Anydesk locally, connect to kh6j@ad to see if the desktop screen displays a running program (ex: ARHP-590G) showing Radio Status Connected. Look for the currently active call-sign. That’s who is logged in.
You can wait a while or call / text the user to see when they will free up the radio.
- Only one radio can be active because we have only one antenna.
- To protect the radios and antenna, turning on TS-480 power will power off and disconnect the TS-590.
- Be considerate.
190 total views, 3 views today